The horizontal machining center’s advanced headstock design and high-speed, high-accuracy positioning provide unsurpassed part processing flexibility and significant reductions in non-cut time. The machine’s 47 hp (30 kW), 40 taper spindle with 12,000-rpm top speed utilizes an advanced compact integral spindle/motor design for low vibration and low heat generation while providing a maximum torque rate of 159 ft-lbs (221 Nm) and spindle acceleration of 1.8 seconds.
The world-class HORIZONTAL CENTER NEXUS (HCN) 5000-II horizontal machining center combines advanced technology and outstanding value with high performance and high productivity for achieving maximum performance when working with virtually any type of material. The machine features spacious work envelope and pallet size as well as a fast rapid traverse speed and rigid, reliable spindles. With high-speed or high-torque available integral motor spindle types, the HCN 5000-II allows users to match spindle performance to their specific machining requirements with the proper speeds and power. The machine provides fast, efficient and versatile machining of a wide variety of materials from steels to nonferrous metals.
- High-speed, high-accuracy positioning for reductions in non-cut times
- Wide range of available spindle speeds and power options
- Fast, vibration-free machine acceleration/deceleration
- Ample axis travels
- High stability, vibration-dampening machine construction
- Variety of available tool magazine capacities
- Standard two-pallet changer
- Automation ready for Mazak’s PALLETECH System